Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Loving: 60s Interiors, Part One

I watched "Made In Dagenham" recently and besides being a very uplifting and fun film about the equal pay for women law in the UK (in the late 1960s), it was also really enjoyable to look at. I don't know if I'm retro enough to fully appreciate wall to wall shag carpeting or a massive orange couch but still I am attracted to these sorts of garish interiors. I ought to admit at this point in the story that I do own a fabulous baby blue vinyl sofa that I absolutely adore and I would love to have a Mies van der Rohe Barcelona chair, but I don't know that I could live with wall to vaulted ceiling wood paneling. I'd be willing to give it a go...
60s Interiors
60s Interiors
It really was a fun era in interior design. Oh, and you read that right, this is only part one of two. Stay tuned tomorrow for a special treat.
images (from top left): glass wall // exterior // pink dining // piano // records // fireplace // pipe-smoking gentleman // sunken living // antlers // pink kitchen // raised dining // bar stools

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...