Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dan Martensen

I'm intrigued by the spaces that artists live in, which is why the Selby is a fun site for me to visit. It's also a great place for me to discover artists that I was previously unaware of, like Dan Martensen. He is a great photographer who's done work for Free People, H&M and Bloomingdales (to name a few). I found his photographs to be full of life and grit—sometimes a little too heroine chic for my taste, but always interesting and thoughtful.
Dan Martensen photographer
Dan Martensen photographer
Dan Martensen photographer
Now on to the country home that he shares with his model girlfriend (of course). The property is full of gardens and open space as well as a barn studio (for his photography work and her painting), a guest-house barn and a large main house. The good life indeed.
Home of Dan Martensen
Home of Dan Martensen
Home of Dan Martensen
Isn't it gorgeous? I love the drawers of silverware! Visit the Selby for more of this house (and countless others) and Dan's site for more from his portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...