Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Expressionless

Not to be confused with emotionless... these pieces of art are far from that! There's a fine line between intriguing and creepy when you decide to paint a faceless person. These artists have embraced that line.
Expressionless
For some reason, painted children tend to be a little creepy to me so I'm for sure a little more creeped than intrigued by artist Lisa Golightly's children. But her contrast and delicateness win me over. She does some great line drawings too, check out her Etsy store and her website. Lisa also does amazing family portraits (with or without faces!) so be sure to check her out if that's something you'd like to get done.
Expressionless
Aren't they gorgeous?! These inked men are from a series called "Brawlers" by Fredrik Tjernstrom. I wouldn't say they're creepy, but I would say I wouldn't like to confront one in a dark alley. Or in a well-lit alley for that matter. But aren't they wonderful? So fashionable and masculine.
Expressionless
Expressionless
Oh man. I want all of these paintings. Clare Elsaesser is another talented artist selling her wares on Etsy (lucky for us!). Her acrylics are so feminine and breezy and simple, yet so full of emotion. Check out her shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...