Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Meet: Mary Blair

Pinterest is blowing up! More and more of my friends are joining (which by the way means more and more of your friends are joining too - are you there already?). This is great news because the internet is humongous and I just don't have enough time to look at it all. Luckily my friends (real life or internet based) are pinning up a storm. One lovely lady I follow introduced me to the artist Mary Blair and I knew I had to share her with you. Mary was an artist with Disney from 1943 - 1953 and her hand touched some of my favorite Disney classics such as Peter Pan, Cinderella and Alice in Wonderland. Her watercolors are so whimsical and sweet — I know you'll love them.
Mary Blair
Mary Blair
images from top left and across: flying // alice tea // cinderella mirror // caterpillar // apple blossoms // sleeping beauty // cinderella castle // tinkerbell // alices table // lost boys // cinderella + the prince

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...