Thursday, June 2, 2011

Loving: Ikat

We're pretty close by now aren't we? We've spent a lot of time together and I feel like we have a mutual admiration and respect for each other. And this is why I'm not afraid to confess to you that even after reading about "ikat" in quite a few different blogs, I still don't fully understand what it is. It's a technique that (apparently) involves a "three step process where the fiber is tie-dyed, woven into long, narrow strips, and then carefully patched together to create width." I'll take your word for it Ciao Interiors (they wrote the previous statement). Even though I don't realllllly know what it is, I'm pretty sure I can recognize it. And I can definitely recognize that it's gorgeous and I need more of it in my life.
ikat interiors
ikat interiors
ikat interiors
images from top left: green vase // blue wall // blanket // coral pillow // brown couch // purple chairs // desk chair // wall hanging // poppies // lime green couch // burnt orange // silver stool

2 comments:

  1. My fav is the green couch with the blue wall behind. Yes, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not very patterns have the ability to look modern and graphic while still retaining that handmade feel. I'm with you, Ikat is here to stay in my world...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...