Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sweet Red Velvet

My friends, be prepared to punch me in the arm and then give me a big bear hug. Red Velvet is simultaneously the sweetest and most infuriating place in the whole world (or at least the whole of Springfield, Missouri). This family owned, vintage and handmade shop (oh, you know, with just the most amazing sweets shop in the middle) has been open for a little while now and seems to be doing quite well. You and I both know I'd be in there every day (maybe twice). Ugh. Why isn't this my life? Guess what else is annoying? All of the ladies involved with this adventure seem completely wonderful and charming and grateful to be able to do this. The worst! I kid. Obviously I'm excited for them and inspired by their adventure. Here are some shots from the shop (from Elsie's Flickr).
Red Velvet
Red Velvet
Amazing right? Get over there if you can (you lovelies in Illinois aren't that far away you know... maybe when I get back we'll pop over and beg for jobs?)
Elsie. She's the one that seems to be the spokesmodel. And why not? She's a talented artist, adorable dresser and fun interior designer. I'll prove it:
Red Velvet
Red Velvet
Red Velvet
There's so much more to see from these ladies. Here's Elsie's blog and Red Velvet Art blog to get you started.
PS. Just saw that my favorite blog design*sponge did a feature on them today as well. Small blogging world isn't it? They have some great before/after shots of the shop. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...