Friday, December 3, 2010

Terrible Yellow Eyes

I was recently cleaning out and organizing the ridiculously large pile of bookmarks I've amassed when I came across a link to "Terrible Yellow Eyes". This is good stuff. It's a collection of art started by Cory Godbey that is based on the beloved story "Where the Wild Things Are" and the art of Maurice Sendak. I wish I could say that I had the book when I was little and that I loved it more than anything, but unfortunately, it wasn't a childhood favorite. I recognize it's appeal and importance though and fully appreciate the artwork. When the trailer for the movie version came out it gave me chills. The cinematography and costumes and that song... amazing. The film was actually quite sad, but I loved it. The whole thing was very mature and childish at the same time. I digress...
The artwork created for this project is really stunning. And you can tell that these people really love and understand Mr. Sendak's vision, while still offering a unique perspective on the story. Even if you saw it when it was current (the collection ran from May 2009 - January 2010) you're going to enjoy the reminder. I sure did.
terribleyelloweyes.com
terribleyelloweyes.com
terribleyelloweyes.com
I need to see the movie again. And read a child a book. Happy weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Aren't they? I hadn't ever looked through all of them so I was glad to take the time to do that. There are even more on the site. Miss you Jess!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...