Monday, August 22, 2011

Loving: Stripes

Oh hello my dear. I told you it might be a bit of a break and, well, it was. I'm officially back in the U S of A. I'm visiting friends in California before hopping yet another plane back to Illinois. Cali is really lovely and it's so good to enjoy some of the American things I've missed (Old Navy, bagels, root beer) but I am missing Australia (and my family/friends) something fierce. What better way to move forward then to get back into the bloggin' groove? So, here we go.
I've always really enjoyed stripes in interiors. My first apartment after college had a really lovely, bright kitchen with walls I  painted green tonal stripes and I think it made it my favorite room in the house - it was just so darn cheery! Yes they were a huge pain and they were uneven and bled a little into each other, but the idea was great and the imperfections made them charming. Right? Obviously. Well, enough about my design adventures, let's see some pretty stripes.
stripes
stripes
images from top left: dining room // teal bedroom// black + white rug // planter // blue + white rug // porch // bathroom // entry // yellow bathroom // gallery wall // grey + white // neutral rug // red stripe chair

2 comments:

  1. no other pattern can change a room so dramatically. I would have loved to have seen your kitchen! Welcome back..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree Ann-Marie! And I would've loved to have you in my kitchen! Thanks for the welcome - it's good to be back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...