Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pack Your Bags: Sydney

Hello my dear! So sorry for the (short) hiatus that turned into a big one! I won't go into it, I'll just say that life was a tad more important than this post for a minute there. But now I'm back and am so excited to share Sydney with you! A friend of mine from college arrived here just in time to board yet another plane with my sister-in-law and brother and I to travel to my new favorite city. We flew over the Sydney harbour (and the Opera House!) and my cup runneth over for the next three days. Sydney has such a great feel about it - so established and comfortable and easy. Now, to be fair, this could be because the weather was absolutely gorgeous (as opposed to the rain and chill we had in Melbourne) and because I was with two people that had visited the city before so we had a plan, but Sydney beat Melbourne for me. I only say that because apparently you have to have a favorite (it's a bitter rivalry); if it were up to me I'd say they're really different and therefore I can't pick one over the other. But it's not up to me so Sydney gets my vote. But I still love you Melbourne...
Here's a brief recap of my trip: admiring the Opera House; eating dim sum; exploring the botanic gardens; drinking at the oldest pub in Sydney while listening to a live dixie land jazz band; eating amazing mexican food at the Flying Fajita Sistas; bed; coffee!; shopping in the CBD (central business district); pumpkin soup; exploring New Town; dinner at an amazing modern Indian restaurant; sleeping; breakfast at the famous Bourke Street Bakery; Bondi beach walk and photographs; best fish and chips ever; the lace exhibit at the Powerhouse museum; walk back to Bounce hotel (which by the way was AMAZING and highly recommended) and taxi to the airport. Phew. It was a busy few days but so worth it. I know you're excited to see pictures so let's get to it...
Sydney
Sydney
Sydney
Sydney
PS. If you're the cute boy in the pink shorts playing beach rugby: hi, let's hang out.

4 comments:

  1. Sarah, you are back!! Well, in blog land! And oh, what eye candy. I have always wanted to go to Sydney. I keep looking at your pictures over and over. Love. I'm so jealous. What do you think the boy in the pink shorts name is?! Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am back! Although so much traveling and getting ready to leave Australia has made it difficult to find the energy to post. I'm glad to see people are wanting me to continue - that helps! As for the boy in pink, let's call him Hamish (because Australia's the first place I've known boys to actually be called this and it's exotic). xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. the guy in the pink-shorts is amazing, but my favorite part of this post is the garden gnome - LOVE him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you'd love that little green gnome Ruth! Can't wait to see you! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...