Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Arnold Eagle + the MCNY Collection

The Museum of the City of New York sounds like a magical and wonderful place doesn't it? I wish I would've visited when I was in NYC a few years back but to be honest with you, I didn't even realize it existed. (But now we all do and we won't make that mistake again.) Browsing their website I was particularly interested in an exhibit by Arnold Eagle titled "One-Third of a Nation". He was part of the WPA in the late 1930's and this particular collection documents poverty in New York during the Depression. It's probably inappropriate to tell you to "enjoy" these images, but I think you'll be intrigued by them as I was.
Arnold Eagle (1)
Arnold Eagle (2)
Arnold Eagle (3)
Arnold Eagle (4)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...